DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The back button

Posted by pablopicasso - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

sorry monkey, i meant a real computer :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by badlittlemonkey - 3 years ago

"d.browning following on from the monkey, you don't have to right click and select "open in new tab", hover over the selected link , then simply press down on the central scrolling wheel and the link will open in a new tab automatically !"   Yes, if you have a proper mouse, not just a touchpad on a laptop.

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

Doesn't it have something to do with cookies? Some programmes store the web page you were on before, others don't.

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

following on from the monkey, you don't have to right click and select "open in new tab", hover over the selected link , then simply press down on the central scrolling wheel and the link will open in a new tab automatically !

Sorry no image available
Posted by badlittlemonkey - 3 years ago

Yes, it used to annoy me too, but now I've got into the habit of right-clicking on an item and opening in new tab. When I'm finished I just close that new tab and I'm back to where I was in the old one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ethix98-606841 - 3 years ago

Use the back button provided with you browser

Edge = left arrow

Firefox circle with a bold arrow inside it

IE11 Blue circle white left attow inside it

Most on on the top left hand side of the top tool bar

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLJ-429896 - 3 years ago

I think it's something to do with Le boncoin because the site didn't used to do this and others don't.

Sorry no image available
Posted by la Musique - 3 years ago

I'm on Windows 10, and have exactly the same problem on Leboncoin. None of the suggested remedies have effected a cure.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

If your viewing translated then you need to switch of translation this will cure the problem

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

If you are on Windows 7, stay on the web page you are one "and can't go back from", look at the top righthand corner of the tool bar, there should be an icon that is 3 little horizontal lines, it's at the end of the bar where the URL is, click on that, a list will appear, 4th one down is "history", hover or click on that, " recently closed" appears, click on that and the page you want should be the top one one the list.  It was easier with XP!