DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

The Good Stuff That People Throw Away..........

Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Theswerve - 4 years ago

There is also a giveaway site here on AI under classifieds.

Sorry no image available
Posted by grumposgirl - 4 years ago

Theres a give your stuff away site on facebook - Give & Take for free en Bretagne - ive just givenaway a large floor standing lamp and theres often good stuff to be had

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 4 years ago

There is a freecycle group in brittany..... Google ..freecycle en france

dont know how good it is...there were not many members in group near me  2 years ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tigerdog - 4 years ago

Re-usable stuff in the area around Carhaix is collected and recycled through Ti -Recup at Carhaix and Rostrenen

http://www.tirecup.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by LeBourg-899639 - 4 years ago

Hi. see my post : charity shop in Rohan. This is something that we have been trying to do for ages  - to stop some of the good, re-usable stuff being binned for landfill. All the expected barriers concerning the exchange of a euro which may be construed as 'on the black' rear their ugly heads. So it cannot work like the Council 'Tips' in the UK. Talks with Pontivy Communite go on and maybe soon we will see some results.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 4 years ago

Wrong they got paid for the scrap was all OOPs sorry ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pushkin-986745 - 4 years ago

Well up until  last year I used to empty the Skips , and the commune PAYS to recycle the stuff they don't get paid for it ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

I found a tatty art deco day bed in the dechetterie.

I took it home and resored it and sold it for €480

Sorry no image available
Posted by orme2 - 4 years ago

I expect that, when people give stuff like that to the dechetterie, it's because they can't use it themselves (no animals, for example) and/or they don't know anyone who could.  At least they know it will be sorted out and re-used or recycled as appropriate.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 4 years ago

Every dechetterie I've been in here has staff directing people to the correct skip for their item, and I know the skip contents are broken down and recycled into another thing. My point is that so many people throw stuff away that hasn't reached the end of it's useful life yet. For example, an A1 condition door has a perfectly good life left in it as a door. A bag of outgrown kids toys would make many a child content for hours on end. A skip full of planks of wood would make a much needed animal shelter that new, would cost more money than the owner - or animal shelter - might have available.