DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tooway Satellite Installation Problems

Posted by Lloer - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lloer - 4 years ago

You won't believe this! We had another look at the instructions tonight and the other half relaised he'd been using the centre of the nuts rather than the edge of the plate behind them as the indicator for the angle of elevation. Once he realised that, we got the ladders out and it took about 10 minutes and it was all sorted!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dagbaruch - 4 years ago

You should also shim the lower edge of the wall mounting plate, so that the upright pole section is vertical.  It will make it a lot easier to set up the dish!

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

OK, first of all, keep the faith! it will work!!!!

I'm assuming you have a clear line of sight.

You have made your lives extra hard by having the pole at an angle, every adjustment you make either horizonal will affect both.

The TooWay dish should be pointing 20 degrees to the west of your sky dish, if you have a good enough internet connection, have a look at dishpointer.com put in your address and select 9E Eutelsat 9A / Ka Sat. you can zoom the picture in, put the pin exactly where the dish is on your house and it will show you the line along which your dish should point.

Now go back to your pole. (handy hint #427: if you have a clamp that you can put around the pole under the dish mount to stop the dish sliding down it makes life a buch easier) I start with the elevation higher than I think it can possibly be (on a vertical pole 3 or 4 degrees higher than specified) and sweep across  in the horizontal plane, lower the elevation by half a turn and sweep again.....repeat untill you get a tone change and you're nearly there and just need some carefull adjustment.