DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Transfer of data from dead computer old hard disk to new computer

Posted by Pugsey - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by robhelliker - 3 years ago

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00HMVKDIE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d2_i2?pf_rd_m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1TP122DCFWTY23HGETTQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577191267&pf_rd_i=desktop this will do the job and you can use it as a a second hard drive they all so sell them in the supermarket 30e

hope all goes well rob

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin-381860 - 3 years ago

Ho Bartyb, all I can do is assume due to the lack of facts about specifics. I answered the question in a truthful and factual manner. I would be happy to assist the op if they contact me directly so that I can gain more information.

kind regards, Martin

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Be warned that Bart runs on black coffee and digestive biscuits.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pugsey - 3 years ago

Hi Bartyb,

Down loading onto a memory stick sounds a great option to me, I am based at St Nicolas du Pelem only 20 mins away from you. Can you email me contact details?

Sorry no image available

"Can I have two hard drives installed at the same time?"

Yup. You can have as many as you like if you have the inputs for them. I've never seen a computer with less than two inputs.

Sorry no image available

SATA replaced IDE in 2003 so it could be either and IF it is IDE it is highly unlikely there is an IDE internface on the new machine.

Sorry no image available

Hi Martin,

Can I have two hard drives installed at the same time?

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

Well yes Martin, that's assuming the new computer isn't a compact case with only one hard drive slot and that the old hard drive is SATA or if it's eIDE that the new'puter has suitable connections AND that Pugsey is happy to open his nice new computer's box to have a look

Sorry no image available

JB2014

Computer 12 years old but has been up graded several times

Sorry no image available
Posted by Martin-381860 - 3 years ago

Hi Pugsey, once your drive is installed in your new computer, you can simply copy files from one hard drive to the other.

kind regards, Martin