DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Trees & power lines

Posted by Chris the cook -425443 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorrcks - 3 years ago

edrf turned up one day and cut ours back. apparently the neighbour complained a couple of months earlier to them. 

the lines come through our garden to the neighbours house.

had no bill yet.

3 edrf and two trucks. 

i cleared up so i could have the wood.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilia - 3 years ago

We have had success with this route - 

http://www.reseaux-et-canalisations.ineris.fr/gu-presentation/construire-sans-detruire/teleservice-reseaux-et-canalisations.html

The aritsan registers and tells ErDF what he intends to do. Then they give a date and cut the electricity.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chris the cook -425443 - 3 years ago

No, sadly we are back to square one. Our neighbour got a quote for us from a local chap which including EDF was 1017€. We also had a quote from Jerome Failler which was for 530€ without EDF, it was 4 weeks before we got the devis but we were very pleased with the price. Our neighbour rang several times to ask how much EDF would be but sadly no response from him.

We then asked Tim from TLB Services (he advertises on here) he came round promptly and the next day we had a quote e-mailed to us. The price was 480€ and he was confident that he could do the work without the need for EDF to cut the supply. We couldn't fault his service and arranged a date for the work to be done. We told our neighbour that we had found somebody and showed her the devis but she said that EDF insist the supply is cut while the work is being done - hence we are back to square one so any suggestions would be welcome.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilia - 3 years ago

Any news on the other quotes, BB?

Sorry no image available

We have had one quote for 1440€ to trim back 4 trees which we feel is a tad expensive, it will be interesting to see what the next couple come out at.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jon1527-382280 - 3 years ago

We too have trees close to power lines and are waiting to be contacted about trimming / felling them.

If we have to pay so be it, I think they use helicopters to surver areas for possible problems as I have seen them do low level flights following the lines tho not sure ??

Sorry no image available

We thought that ERDF would be responsible for cutting their power lines away from our trees but they say no they are not. They did initially agree to do the work free of charge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 3 years ago

Surely if the EDF cables pass over your land then EDF are responsible for cutting any trees back. Approx two years ago we found a card in our letter box saying a tree surgeon would call to cut our trees back within a couple of days they came and carried out work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

Some interesting after shots of trees that have been pruned on that web site...

Jack

Sorry no image available

Thank you both for your replies to my post. We have already been given Jerome's details and will be contacting him next week, we will also get other quotes.

thankyou again much appreciated