DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Trees & power lines

Posted by Chris the cook -425443 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 16)

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by Tilia - 3 years ago

My tuppence worth -  as with all large expenses, get three quotes.

Specifically ask each contractor what they will do with the waste - dechets verts, aterwards, and what you wil be left with.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chris the cook -425443 - 3 years ago

Hello,

Thankyou both for replying, we are getting a quote from SERPE in September, I was hoping to get an idea as to the cost beforehand.

mightymimi I can see we are not the only ones to have problems with ERDF and I would be very grateful if you would pm me with Jeromes details also does he carry the necessary insurance etc to do this work.

I still don't understand why we need to get permission from the Marie to cut the trees away from the power lines. The trees are in our garden and don't overhang any roads etc.

if anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them

Sorry no image available
Posted by mightymimi-923305 - 3 years ago

Last year, ERDF came by our house also and said we had to cut/trim trees and they would do it for free.  Well, they never came to "do it for free".  We thought they would do it and leave us with the mess, so we called someone in Poullaouen (Jerome) who came, trimmed, cut and cleaned.  We were happy, he was too.

This year, ERDF returned to measure and said that they would move the electric poles out of the fields and put them on the way leading to the house.  They sent us plans etc...  I turned them down because the wiring would be too low to allow farmers and their machinery to go by without cutting those wires.  

ERDF is practising proxenetism.  I explain.  If they give you a point of contact for a job, these poor people doing the job give 20% to ERDF, they are usually a bit more expensive too.  Call me if you need more information 0296239931.

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by buttermaker - 3 years ago

Ask them for a quote.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chris the cook -425443 - 3 years ago

Does anybody know why we would need permission from the Marie ?

would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this problem.

many thanks