DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Uk plumbing help

Posted by guysor1807 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Re the self cutting washing machine outlets-The early cheap types used a plain steel cutter, the later ones use a better stainless cutter-don't ask me how I know!

Sorry no image available
Posted by guysor1807 - 3 years ago

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help. You have all been incredible.  Looks like we are sorted. A friend had a bag of bits. If we have any further issue will certainly come back and take Jon up on his offer a rummage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

i used a self cutting 'thing' for my washing machine, also for a supply for an outside tap , no problem at all over many years use 

Sorry no image available
Posted by chèvrefeuille - 3 years ago

My self cutting thing has been working fine since 1995.

Sorry no image available
Posted by guysor1807 - 3 years ago

No luckily he did not! Only had a temp supply.EDRF have put in correct supply and had it all installed by a french electrion. Seems we have a mixture of french and UK plumbing though!

Sorry no image available
Posted by hillhead - 3 years ago

I used one of those self cutting things - didn't work very well at all and a couple of years later the cutting bit rusted away and blocked the water supply. I ended up replacing the pipe and doing a proper job.

I wouldn't touch one again!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Here's hoping the previous owner didn't use UK electrics as well!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

When you say push fit or speedi fit do you mean pipe work is plastic?, if it is you won't get any form of adapter here, if the pipework is copper you can get a 14-16 mm self cutting washing machine tap which screws on pipe and cuts its own hole.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Sorry ment to say that you can get a 15mm reducer to whatever french size you are using from a proper plumbers.If you get a compression one there's no soldering.Not a brico or super marche.

Jon 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Hi Guy,I do have some compression, yorkshire and delco fittings you are welcome to have a rummage if you want.Where are you.

Jon