DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

UK source for French electrical fittings . . . .

Posted by Le Motard - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 4 years ago

I have also used Leroy Merlin click and collect system for heavier/larger items. Worked very well for me. But I have just used their delivery service, not to my door but to the local shop (you put in your postcode and they offer a choice of the nearest collection points). Order took 3 days to be delivered and the shop would hold the parcel for 10ish days. There was a charge of 4.95€ for using that service. Using that system you could order just before your next visit to France and have things waiting for you nearby.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

We found this company's prices very reasonable for certain products we needed for the consumer unit.

bis-electric.com

For general switches and sockets we found Leroy Merlin's range to be quite good for both quality and price. Some other cheaper brands proved quite tricky to actually connect. Also advisable to get sockets/switches/facing plates from the same range otherwise they won't fit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pigeon-fancier - 4 years ago

Is there a Leroy Merlin near where your hosue is?  We use their click and collect service, you could browse the website, create your shopping list, then order it for collection on your way to your house.  Works well for us and we can browse in comfort without the hastle of the shop.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Le Motard - 4 years ago

thank you Bart I'm running round in circles  . . .  I'll try again . . .  all I need is some sockets and switches . . .  thank you . . .

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

eBay.fr don't do them?........ is there something specific you're after, an eBay search for "le grand" brings up most of their catalogue

Sorry no image available

checked amazon.fr - they do sell these bits but prices are not favourable . . . . ah well another morning in the bricos coming up . . . .

Sorry no image available

Ok, thank you all for the sensible replies . . .  spoke to CEF - the staff don't know they do them but they are on their website . . . limited range and as I don't have an account no prices visible. Found another company on google but way overpriced . . .  ooh I wonder if Amazon fr do this? ebay.fr dont . . .  must check . . . thanks again people . . .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Carrig - 4 years ago

Sorry can't help with electrical fittings but for light fittings, bulbs, spot lights/down lighters and dimmer switches we used Ledhut.fr which was recommended on here last year. It has a good website and is connected to Ledhut uk so it makes shopping easy. Our order arrived promptly, well wrapped, no damage and we are pleased with everything.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

Don't know a supplier but have you seen that you can change the sort order on your AI search? After you do a search, and just below the "my postings" button (top right), there are three options to chose from. Might help you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

I would also be interested in buying French electrical fittings in the UK as my visits are better spent working on my cottage rather than being in the Brico all the time.