DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Villager woodburner stove

Posted by - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 3 years ago

Try dorset_stoves_woodburners on E-Bay they have them

Sorry no image available
Posted by chaffinch2012 - 3 years ago

There are several Village agents in France and was one in Josselin until recently.  Go on Google and find one close to where you are.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I ordered a new glass for mine from a UK supplier and had it delivered to France no problem.  Had I known at the time that my home insurance policy covered all glass breakage I would have just sourced it locally.  As it turned out they paid out once they received my UK receipt.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

If you are anywhere near Huelgoat I have a piece of glass and some clips that I bought recently as "spares" The glass is 185mm x 164 mm and is Arada make.The rope gasket and glue is easy enough to get over here in any Brico PM me if this is or is not helpful to you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Just order the glass and the gasket and anything else you need for the stove from here in the UK - no need to make a fuss about it.

http://www.is-stoves.co.uk/product/1150/category/108

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxed - 3 years ago

We have just had a delivery of new rope, glue and a couple of fire bricks for our Villager wood burner.

I & S Stoves Ltd, Steps Farm, Clifton-on-Teme, Worcester, WR6 6EN.

Total cost £35 including Vat and delivery. Very helpful and efficient.

Alan

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fazabelle56 - 3 years ago

There is a telephone number on Arada stoves spares delivery page specifically for arranging European deliveries?

http://www.aradastovesandspares.com/delivery-details.php

Sorry no image available
Posted by plouyepaul - 3 years ago

Glass in fires is normally excluded form the guarantee unless you can prove it was faulty! If the fire was delivered here they are obliged to send parts. Obviously they're afraid of breakages during shipping and stand to lose, no other reason for them not to ship it. Try another fire supplier in the UK, maybe they're capable of packaging it better!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

My advice is go back to the company and get hold of someone in authority - they have a responsibility to supply spare parts I suspect failure contravenes the UK sale of goods act. they could always send to an address in UK - maybe a relative of yours who could then send to France.

Do push your case with the manufacturers this smacks of poor service that needs to be stamped upon. 

Bon chance