DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Warning ..Ploermel / Josselin area . There are two dogs roaming free

Posted by bretonlion - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 001sugarplum - 3 years ago

or

Pet Alert Morbihan 56

(not sure where Ploermel is)

Sorry no image available
Posted by 001sugarplum - 3 years ago

It's called

'Pet Alert Finistère 29' on facebook.

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

I would also suggest posting on the facebook ex pat groups. There is also a pet specifc one but can't remember what it is called. If you post in English Speakers in France group I can share from there with other groups that I am on including the pet one. There are also facebook groups for chien perdu though which would be useful to post on. Drop me a line if you would like links to all the groups. It is highly probable that the mayor will know who they belong to. I have taken dogs to ours before and they immediately knew and had their phone number. These 2 may well be repeat offenders so likely to be known. Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hi,

They got away ..forced their way out ..be onthe look-out for them .

Thanks to all who have helped ..

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by oakley-419073 - 3 years ago

That's good - that the gendarmes will help you.  Yes everything has to stop for lunch!!!  As it's a weekend have to give them even longer.

I suspect the alsation dog might be protecting the other one. 

Sorry no image available

Hi,

No tattoos ..

Would be a Sunday .. no-one about ..

Does any-one want two dogs to look after .. ?

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by oakley-419073 - 3 years ago

breton lion

First - Feed them so they don't eat your hens!!

As calac4ever mentioned - the vets will scann them for a micro-chip.   They might not have one of course and that can be a problem!!

Lots of dogs have tattoos inside their ears - we have had 2 dogs with the same.  Vets can trace owners that way too.  I suspect the 'box' on the collar is for an invisible dog electric fence which didn't work!!!  Or it could be one of those horrible anti-barking devices,    It does mean that someone has gone to some effort to keep their dogs in so that's a good start.  May be your local Marie knows who's dogs they are.

Take some pics. of them if you can  and put pics. in the local bakery, marie etc. 

Sorry no image available

Hi,

Thanks ..

The lab is Ok to handle ..the alsation is a bit aggressive .. so we have had to let them out of our garden room before it got trashed .. and have managed to tie one up outside ..

The alsation cross has one of those "zapper" boxes around it's neck ..

The gendarmes say it is lunch time so they can do nothing until the middle of the afternoon.

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by callac4ever - 3 years ago

Put an advert on petalert and chien perdu. Also if you take them to vets they will check if they're chipped for free.

Sorry no image available

Hello,

Well the dogs came back .. so we caught them .. so if any-one is missing two lovely dogs .. please let me know ..

These dogs are well cared for .. good collars..  one has even got a "box" on a collar ..  .. they are now in our garden room ..

Rgds

Chris

Ps ..what do we do with them .. ??