DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Washing machine problem

Posted by Colomban - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I hope it's resolved soon, but would also be pleased to hear what the solution was.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

Many thanks, AQ and breadhead.

I'll have a look and let you know how I get on!

Sorry no image available

That was a specific fridge/freezer model. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Swings and roundabouts. Beko had a 'catching fire' problem with some of their appliances recently. Never had a problem with a Bosch appliance in over 30 years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Just a thought this one, my new washing machine did exactly the same, stopped after approx 10 minutes into the programme, when l checked the water supply into the machine l found that it had been connected to the hot supply rather than the cold by the installer, l called him back to change it and it solved the problem. I guess the hot supply was over heating something in my case and shutting the machine down, worth checking.

Sorry no image available

The internal valve that regulates the water intake is operated by the programmer and also by a pressure sensor connected by a rubber tube to the washing drum (cuve). As the water level inthe drum increases, the water rises in the rubber tube increasing the air pressure on the pressure sensor to cut off the incoming water. This is how all modern washing machines have an automatic load system. As the clothes absorb the incoming water the water level drops, causing reduced pressure on the pressure sensor, thus letting in more water until the clothes are saturated and the water level rises again  and activates the pressure sensor to cut off the water again.

I suspect a blockage in the rubber tube which is causing the pressure sensor to activate when it shouldn't, or the sensor itself has developed a fault. Either of these would trigger a cuve pleine, even though there might be little or no water in the drum. Sorry it sounds long-winded, but it's worth explaining what might be causing the problem. But I could be completely wrong.

As far as brands are concerned, I can thoroughly recommend Beko.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Now you have to look at the weekly write down of an appliance to decide if it will be cost effective, I've switched over to buying haier stuff ,two year guarantee not much above 200€ which relates to around a couple of Euros a week trouble free if it packs up after a couple of years.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

Hi geegee42

Yes, I looked at that and it was clear.

I think it's just a case of previously reputable brands selling badly-made rubbish at high prices.

I really don't want to embrace the mentality of replacing stuff that should last more than a year or two.  The system we seem to be prepared to accept makes me very angry.

No wonder the planet's in such a state!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Do they do emissions tests on white goods? I think now with a lot of white goods anything over two years is a bonus,I remember buying a washer ,a dryer ,a fridge and freezer when I was a lot younger that all lasted over twelve years, all the stuff I have bought since regardless of brand has lasted no where near this.