DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

What bizarre happenings are going on in your garden ?

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

Whoever or whatever is in charge of universal happenings has obviously decided that there has been too much darkness in the world recently and that we need an extra bit of colour and cheer !!

I like the way he-she-it thinks :-)

Love to all

Jamie xx

Sorry no image available
Posted by unclemort - 3 years ago

picked and ate 2 strawberries yesterday nastursiums still in flower and when i was sirimming the bank yesterday there were celandine in full bloom and there were butterflies on the windfall apples . We are in Central Brittany. Merry Christmas and a very fruitful 2016 to one and all x

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ohhhhthatswhereiputit - 3 years ago

My mimosa is in full bloom, two azaleas and primroses, also had a glady at the beginning of December in full bloom.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

In Cotes d'armor too!  Roses, primroses, camellias, vinca, nasturtiums and blackeyed susan flowering, grass still springing up and also have seen  butterflies & bees.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Butterflies, roses, fuschia, marigolds, osteoperunums, hydrangea, and geraniums in full flower- and we are in Finistere!!! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hi,

Butterflies on my wind fall apples .. still picking  raspberries ..just finished the tomatoes .. primroses flowering .. grass still growing .. ahh the delights of Morbihan ..

Rgds

Chris ..

Wishing you all A Happy Christmas and A Merry New Year ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by chilepepper-998208 - 3 years ago

Roses flowering, masturtians flowering, and raspberries amongst other things !!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Minette-426629 - 3 years ago

I saw a mimosa  completely covered in its bright yellow flowers yesterday, the grass is still growing, there are bees and butterflies...it is going to end in tears....

Sorry no image available
Posted by mavis cruet-909959 - 3 years ago

I have seen camelias and mimosas in flower this week and in my own garden I still have nasturtiums in flower. Apparently it won't be a disaster if the cold weather hits as spring flowering plants etc which are flowering early will go into stasis. I guess nature is more resiliant than we think...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxed - 3 years ago

My soil is turning to sand and my farmer neighbour is replacing his cows with camels!!! As someone said on my previous post on this subject -, the farmers know!!!! Personally I'll just keep planting brocolli to keep feeding my caterpillars, at least someone will be happy :)