DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

What to use to clean a house exterior

Posted by finnben1-565557 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Just done mine with weak bleach and karcher, then painted with vapour permeable exterior masonry paint, looks a treat..

Sorry no image available
Posted by finnben1-565557 - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your helpful replies, much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 3 years ago

I recommend Kaercher  STONE AND FAÇADE CLEANER, 

available at all bricos and it's cheaper in France!

You can scrub it on if you don't have a pressure washer and it won't harm plants like bleach.

janet 

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 3 years ago

Just had my house washed last week, did it myself and used Javel (bleach) 20L containers from Brico or garden centres. Spray the Javel on and wash it off before it dries with a high pressure cleaner. Reteat any stubborn areas.  I was very surprised how clean it came up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by - 3 years ago

Just had my house washed last week, did it myself and used Javel (bleach) 20L containers from Brico or garden centres. Spray the Javel on and wash it off before it dries with a high pressure cleaner. Reteat any stubborn areas.  I was very surprised how clean it came up.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

Try St. Marc depending on the meterage I would think 500 €uros to be a fair price for hard work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tsephaniah - 3 years ago

It was probably the same man who offered to clean the back of my house for 400 euros.I haggled too hard and he left in a temper. I still have my money but I still have a dirty house .I too would love to identify the product he used to clean the sample area ( which is now the only clean square metre of the house) but the products on offer at M. Bricolage have nothing like the power of the stuff used by the door to door salesman. Someone must know what it was.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

I have always used a week bleech solution.