DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

where can i find a

Posted by LKAYE - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Just to clarify the comments about Lyca being able to offer a similar deal to Free.

Quite simply they can't!

The 2€ Free sim gives you unlimited texts to French mobiles and Free calls to French Mobiles and most EU land lines for up to 2 hours a month!

Just check the Lyca website to see how much 2 hours of calls to a French mobile or EU land line would cost.

So for 24€ a year (£17.65) as long as you do not go over  2 hours use a month Free is by far a better choice. This taken in to account the minimal difference in roaming charges if you roam to other EU countries and are a ligt user will no make much difference. (A 10€ charge on card is required initially to be able to roam or make any call that would normally be chargeable outside of the 2 hours free allocation)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Lycamobile is good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LKAYE - 3 years ago

Yippee 

Finally done it using a friend's phone details as suggested earlier and my 2€ sim is on it's way! !

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. 

Have a lovely evening.  Time for a well deserved glass of wine now. ...

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

You need to check with your bank to see if they can set the verification code bit up,as I find now that you get asked for it more and more,I have it texted to my mobile, or set up a PayPal account, my daughter banks with CIC ,she just texted me a phone offer she received, calls texts SMS and 10 GO of internet for 10€ a month with CIC sim.,or like my other daughter ,get a job with Facebook and a free iPhone six.

Sorry no image available

I think it is the security thing you mentioned for the  €10.

I'll look into all the options you've all given me.  Not knowing my identifiant the other week and getting timed out seems to have caused this problem! 

I'm new to it all as only been living here a couple of months and trying to sort everything out. ..

I'll get there - eventually. ........

Sorry no image available

I don't understand how you could not just order a sim card and get a new number,normally you only need an email address,I assume your problem is receiving the bank security internet purchase code,which verifies the card for the 10€ fee.some of the leclerc deals are nearly the same as free,you can also get sim only deals from la poste.

Sorry no image available

I'm going to E L'eclerc to ask them to unblock my phone and when I get my Free sim just put that in  (that's what I've been advised ).

Sorry no image available

You can get a sim from leclerc ,either fixed monthly rate similar to free or top up when needed ,is you English phone unblocked,free allocate you a number,so how does it work if you buy your own phone then try and get a free sim?

Sorry no image available

Thank you for that. I'm going to try the Free sim again but will bear in mind what you've said about the other. 

Julie

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Kerroux, we are with Lycamobile both here and in the UK. You have to be  aware of the 90 day rule which I fell foul of, leaving any credit left as lost and your number as well: At least now they say they will text you but if like me you have the other sim card in, you may miss the text (sms)

If you do not use your SIM card to transmit voice calls or send a message or data or if you do not buy recharging Recharge using the services for a period of ninety (90) days the date on which you registered or activated your Account or services you have used for the last time (depending what comes last), Lycamobile will contact you by SMS or email to inform you that your SIM card will be disabled. Lycamobile then give you thirty (30) days to make a call, send a message or data or buy a recharge using Refill Services.