DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wholemeal bread flour

Posted by lakeman-415065 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Bought some Francine Farine Complet today and made a 50/50 loaf with Chabrior Pain  Maison mix.  Excellent result.  Am going to try a 100% wholemeal loaf next time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

I like the Francine Multicereal but because of the expense I use one third and two thirds cheap supermarket type 55.  Nice, light, and cheap.

Sorry no image available
Posted by richarddg - 3 years ago

The Géant at Morlaix stocks flours by Francine.  They were recommended to me by my French neighbour.  Try the Pain de Campagne and the Multi céréales.  They have both suited our tastes and our Panasonic breadmaker enough to bring several packets back to the UK  Also from the supermarkets you can get  a range by Moulin de l'écluse which is a good runner-up

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

As usual AI people have come up trumps!  Thank you to all posters, I will try out your suggestions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gloamin - 3 years ago

Rolls Royce  put your address into details onto this link and it will bring up your nearst Aldi - google is your friend

http://www.aldi.fr/aldi_magasins_et_horaires_douverture_25.html

hope there is one near you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wirralite - 3 years ago

Agree with Lazydaze, I have tried others from Supermarkets but none compare to the all in one flour from Gamme Vert.  Really nice

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rolls Royce - 3 years ago

muraign56 - can you tell me where your nerest Aldi is in France? There used to be one in Roscoff but it closed. You obviously must mean France as I guess the poster doesn't want to go to the UK every time he needs flour!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

I always bring my Wholemeal Flour from the UK as I have failed in 15 years to find one in France, except in M&S, that behaves like the UK versions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RonC - 3 years ago

We've used it in our Panasonic and it works well, unfortunately our machine has died, but we will get a new Panasonic, we bought the flour from either of the main supermarket, and it worked well. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by muraign56 - 3 years ago

I am no expert but I think that Aldi do a range of flours!!