DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Windows 10 ..

Posted by bretonlion - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

"Get a tablet and go Android."

No thanks.  With a tablet I can't replace components when I want to upgrade or repair.  With a tablet I have no keyboard so have to rely on the predictive text function that makes people look like a Nigerian scammer with spelling, punctuation, and capitalisation mistakes.  Loads more you can't do with a tablet so, "for that reason............................I'm out."

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 3 years ago

Hi

I had the same problem.   I downloaded malwarebytes free and now I have no irritating interruptions.  Whichever advice you take I hope you are infestation free soon and can enjoy your new Windows 10.

WT

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Get a tablet and go Android.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

It would appear that every new operating system from Microsoft drives more people to go for a Mac.  When I win the lottery I'll be joining them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tertraie - 3 years ago

But if your PC came with 8 preinstalled, then it seems impossible to get rid of. I have a disc for 7 but after formatting the HD and inserting the install disc for 7 it just goes and reinstalls 8. Now bought a Mac as the other alternative!

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

You need to use "custom download" rather than "express" then you will have some control over what you allow on your computer

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonlion - 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the advice ..

Back to Widows 7 for me ..

I like an easy life ..

Rgds

Chris

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Could this be the solution to your problem? 

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2015/06/03/damn-you-microsoft-how-to-remove-the-windows-10-free-upgrade-icon/

The permanent solution could be to go back to W7 - I've just had a bellyful of W8 and W 8.1 together with a new laptop that nobody, including the manufacturer, could sort out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

I installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, I also run AdBlock plus Kaspersky Internet Security and receive no junk !

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

That will be one reason that corporates are not proposing to use Windows 10 until the consumer market has debugged it for them.

Suggest since it will be buggy for 18 months to roll back and stick with your former O/S. Windows 10 will deliver only pain for next 18 months - if they cannot even get Skype (an MS application) working they have problems.