DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

windows 10

Posted by sparkyjo-393076 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Can you list the features you would change?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

MARGINALLY better than Windows 8 I 'think' but not convinced. It's still pretty bad to be honest. I really have no idea why Microsoft have got this so wrong. They really need to go back to the drawing board, wipe it clean and start again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

Forgot to say we did a restore point before we started just in case.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

My daughter and I both upgraded to Windows 10 and neither of us have any problems whatsoever. and it's far better than Windows 8.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Remy-439066 - 3 years ago

Hi sparkyjo,

I upgraded about three weeks ago now and I had a couple of problems with my sound not working initially but I typed the problem into Google to find an answer and it worked out that it was a setting I had done wrong, not Windows 10.

I think a lot of problems reported tend to be from people with oldr machines and/or older plugins such as webcams and printers.

If your machine was purchased with Windows 7 or 8 pre installed then I do not think you will have many problems.

The upgrade is pretty easy and I did not lose any files in the process. Just to make sure, it is advisable to make a backup of any files you need such as any documents, pictures, videos and music.

If you find that Windows 10 does not work for you, there is an option to return back to your previous operating system.

I am impressed with the boot up time of Win 10, I am not sitting around waiting to get started.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Like many others, I have heard about lots of problems with Windows 10. I've heard it said that the public are trialling it first to sort out the gremlins, before commercial organisations will take the risk in adopting it. I'm sticking with Windows 7 for as long as it remains supported. Windows 7 was an upgrade based on XP, which was also excellent - but remember the ill-fated Vista, which appeared after XP. Vista was a total disaster, so Microsoft don't always get it right. Let's hope they sort out Windows 10 - it is difficult to recommend whilst there are such mixed reviews of it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

Just downloaded 10 a couple of days ago and so far it is better than windows 7.  Files in the new browser load much quicker than they did on 7.  Haven't tried photos so can't comment on that.  One thing I did find was that the screen resolution was very stretched and had to sort that out.  Also, quality on Chrome was awful but have now resolved that issue after a bit of online investigation.  There is lots of stuff you probably won't want but it's easily removed.

If you haven't yet had the 'official notification' that you can download you can get it anyway by googling microsoft 10 download.  We only have satellite so it took 12 hours plus to get it but once on everything went smoothly.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

Same here no problems and I find it better by far than 8 or 8.1

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

We have had no problems with our printer, photos or downloading pictures from our cameras.Photos are exactly the same as they were before.

Sorry no image available
Posted by motocycliste - 3 years ago

I downloaded Windows 10 about six weeks ago.

All my photos and files became a complete jumble mixed together.

It was virtually impossible to locate anything.

I reverted to Windows 8 which isn't brilliant but at least it works.