DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Windows 10

Posted by colin.p - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

My laptop is from Super U. Windows 8; Brittliant

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lapin-436112 - 3 years ago

of course you can chose the language! When I upgraded to windows 10 2 weeks ago it was actually the very first thing it asked me...what language I wanted! and I bought my computer here in France 1.5 years ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

I have bought a netbook running windows 7 and a PC running windows 8 in France and on both you can choose the language as English with a French or English Keyboard keyboard. I can't comment on windows 10, I have enough problems with 8 so not upgrading yet.

Sorry no image available
Posted by YehWotEva - 3 years ago

Amazon UK deliver to France - I've ordered a couple of laptops from them :o)

Sorry no image available
Posted by vwkompak - 3 years ago

What about ordering one in the UK and getting it delivered to France? Unless you know someone going over to the UK for a short trip who could bring one back for you?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Sadly, its a French thing.  If you buy a laptop in UK you can change things to other languages but if you buy it here the OS is only French.  Why is that not surprising?

Sorry no image available
Posted by colin.p - 3 years ago

Hi,

Cheers for that, my French is certainly not good enough to have my computer in French, you would of thought though in this modern age, a choice of multiple languages on set up would of been included, you get it on most smart phones, tablets and sat navs, looks like it's an English one then 

cheers Colin 

Sorry no image available
Posted by GSX1400-872996 - 3 years ago

Hi

We have bought a few computers with windows 10.

They are in french and cannot be changed to english unless you re install windows 10 with a english version.

Hope this helps.

Daniel