DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Windows 10 upgrade

Posted by Karen-381938 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by ethix98-606841 - 3 years ago

Iguana Rock

Hi

I live in the SW Gers Midi Pyreness but am very interested in your experience with Outlook

I use Ourlook 2007 and have upgraded 3 machines to win10.

On one machine Office 2007 was completely corrupted and re-installs successfully but is not recognised under all apps. Launching drectly from install folder fails

Of the other 2 Outlooks one will not send email and the other on an old slow machine does

Have deinstalled and re-installed Outlook and deleted old profiles. Ran Outlook diagnostics without errors

Still no improvement.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretongirl56 - 3 years ago

Installation took just over an hour and was problem free. I like it very much, far superior to Win 8.1 which was dreadful.

Had to reconfigure my wifi printer for some reason but everything else works well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

After having it for almost 2 days now I think it is better than Windows 8 (OK I know that isn't saying much!). The issue with sending emails via Outlook was sorted by hubby the following morning. The emails are now much quicker to send. I think the search on Google is about the same. All I need now is for Google Maps Classic (old version) to be resurrected and I'm a happy bunny! The new lite version has no idea where anywhere is unless it's in the USA! This morning I tried 'Street Viewing' a large LeClerc and it took me to someone's front door in a side street, nowehere near where the store is actually located. It's rubbish. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Oferyas-807188 - 3 years ago

14hrs to download here: broadband is even slower when they are milking next door.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Thanks for further comments, there certainly seems to be a wide range of experiences with this.

karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarksinfrance - 3 years ago

Took just under 3 mins to download (am in UK on 150Mb) install took about 30mins, had 1 moment when the start button wouldn't work, ran checkdisk, then started up fine, has been stable, everything worked that worked before, printers, cameras, wi-fi, home server, av, firewall etc. Happy as larry.

No compatibility issues, new firefox and chrome browsers work fine, edge is good (replacement for IE11) found all pics, music and vids, so library works well and is faster than the old  library systems. search is quicker. Not tried Cortana yet, but daresay I will over the weekend.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mmzz - 3 years ago

i lost,rather worryingly, kaspersky virus protection. still havent got it back, just microsoft defender! other things too.I would hold off for a few weeks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

If your drivers worked in 8.1 they will work in 10.  No problems on 5 machines so far.  My Outlook works fine after update to 10

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Took nearly 10 mins to download. God bless VDSL.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Downloaded it this evening. The problem we have at the moment is I cannot send any emails (I use Microsoft Outlook). At the bottom right-hand corner all I get is a message saying "Send/receive error - click here"

Too late to do anything tonight so that'll be hubby's first job in the morning to try to sort it out!