DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wood burner Installer

Posted by floweryrosie - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

It was an Efel harmony 111 cast iron free standing stove, It has a large clear glass front door - we decided on the model without the back boiler as the heat output to the room was better - it heats all that side of the house really well, but on hindsight it would have been better to get the one with the back boiler to heat a supplementary radiator in the kitchen which is on the other side of the house and tends to be cold - we have an electric radiator there now.  The cast iron certainly keep in the heat.

The stove styles seem more the scandinavian type these days.

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the detail.

Of course prices will be higher but still. 

Am not resident in France so will not qualify for the tax thing. 

Was this just  a stove to heat the room, or one with back boiler ? 

Sorry no image available

Rhys1

As I said in the previous posting -  it was years ago (in fact 2003)  so prices will be very different I fear, but you should be able to get allowance against tax on an energy efficient system now.

We had been looking around showroomsin the UK to decide what woodburner we wanted - Claude Prigent stocked the same model we wanted, so we bought the( free standing cast iron)  Poele for 1376Euros (a better price than the UK at the time) and the total bill for that and fitting came to about 1900Euros.    That  included only a short length of inner  pipe for the chimney (26E) as what we had was OK but not long enough,  the labour was 270E   and the rest of the bill was made up with all the other parts for fitting (collars, tube, rockwool etc., and of course the TVA.  

I certainly think it would be worth your while looking at the website and then emailing or going to the showroom to ask what costs would be now.  We have had no problems except a cracked glass (which was not down to the fitting) since it was installed.

Sorry no image available

Apols.  I see you did provide a   website address. 

Still wd be useful to know just what they did for you and at approx what cost ? 

Sorry no image available

Do you have a name  / contact details for the firm in question ?

Also can you specify what exactly  they did for you and what approx was the charge ? 

Sorry no image available

We used the woodstove firm in Callac (next to the garage).  It was quite a few years ago now that we had the woodburner installed, but have had replacement glass from them last year.  Don't know how busy they are, but he does speak a little English and we were very pleased with his service.

http://www.argoat-turbo-diffusion.com

Sorry no image available

But he is not taking on new clients at the moment. 

In  May he emailed me as follows:

##

Thanks for the email. I'm sorry but we are fully booked with installations at the moment, so are not in a position to help any time soon. Very sorry about this. Kind regards 

##

My email requesting to know by  what date they might be able to take on new work  did not receive a reply. 

So I am still looking.   And I repeat what I said above :  if anyone knows someone well recommended, legal, safe, etc.,  and able to give a date by which s/he could commence an installation,  could they please share this precious info  ? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerivon - 3 years ago

Sean Hendicott for sure, 

Sorry no image available

If you find one  ( of any nationality )  who is :

a)  highly recommended;

b)  legally registered to carry out installation work in France  ;

c)  able to carry out the work before winter

please share that precious info with us ! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by floweryrosie - 3 years ago

Thank you for the replies.