DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bad terrorist attack in Paris - up to 40 dead.

Posted by Fitter - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Well, all4one, of course that is a pretty obvious thing to happen. The question is if there are any means to prevent such intrusions. Unless you want to opt for a closed society, I can see no solution to the problem. The fact that a sizable number of terrorist acts in Britian and in France have been carried out by people living in these countries, seems to render even that option rather useless; especially in view of global communication.

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

It now transpires that a couple of the terrorists travelled to western europe via Greece hidden in plain site as refugees from Syria, politicians were shocked at this news, whereas to the average man in the street this is glaringly an obvious and easy route for them !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I find most newspapers tend to remove posts that don't go along with their line of thinking,I see now that they think the people who decided they would go and murder these poor innocents may be French nationals, I for one cannot get my head round what drives them to do this,France is a stable country it tolerates peoples religious beliefs, these people can have a life totally unhindered ,they have access to health care ,education ,employment, why the hell do they need to do something like this.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

Well at least they haven't blocked further comments like so many of the newspapers do ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Given that this topic is "buried" in Non-local, I put a posting into General reminding people about Non-local, should they wish to catch the latest comments. However AI have just e-mailed me to say that my posting has been removed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

The Quran is a book of stories, men interpret these stories for their own ends and then manipulate gullible people into doing their bidding,you can't stop events like this you can't predict it,you can only outlaw all extremist groups political and religious ,imprison offenders and hope long term that people will become more tolerant to the ways and beliefs of others ,you also need to go into country's like Eritrea ,Somalia,Iraq ,Syria and a few others ,overthrow the governments set up democratic states and try and create some form of stability, this is never going to happen so looks like people will always be expected to live with all this death and carnage,or maybe one day everyone will wake up to the fact there is no God never was its all lies made up by men,there is no hell no heaven ,no walking on water and the only way you come back from the dead is because you are not dead,then we can all get on with our one and only life ,no coming back as a sheep or an insect ,our only life ,there will still be crime ,murder ,war ,but we would all just be people no labels.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Couldn't agree more with badlittlemonkey. Too often we are guided, as are our politicians, by biases and stereotypes rather than by knowledge. If you read tabloids (and believe the crap they print) you leave the thinking to people whose job it is to excite the masses so they do not seriously worry about the stuff they should worry about.

War in the name of religion? I was brought up with the notion that there is no such thing as a religious war. Religion at state level (no matter what you call it) has always been an instrument to make your people do what you want. Wars are about power and influence. This hasn't changed today. Au contraire. The more closely you look at it, the more obvious it becomes: Islam has nothing to do with it, but with Muslims who feel treated unfair, who want to increase their influence (and wealth) and most of all with the secret puppet masters in the shadow pulling the strings. But it is sooooo much easier to curse every Muslim around...

Sorry no image available
Posted by badlittlemonkey - 3 years ago

tarmachead said:

Kathyd2 - says Islamic State and Muslims not the same but followers of IS explode suicide vests killing ' enemies ' / non believers - why ? - because The Koran says they will go straight to Paradise and have 99 virgins waiting for them - Muslims believe The Koran etc ------ IS fighters are Muslims - 'Wake up and smell the coffee please

Really? Where, pray tell, does it say that in the Quran??

Suicide, for whatever reason is strictly forbidden in Islam. NOWHERE in the Quran does it say anything about these 'Muslims' being rewarded with 99 virgins.

tarmachead - maybe you should wake up and smell the coffee, then perhaps you'll get your facts right.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stonedecroze - 3 years ago

'tarmachead' do you really believe that? If you do I despair.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarmachead - 3 years ago

Kathyd2 - says Islamic State and Muslims not the same but followers of IS explode suicide vests killing ' enemies ' / non believers - why ? - because The Koran says they will go straight to Paradise and have 99 virgins waiting for them - Muslims believe The Koran etc ------ IS fighters are Muslims - 'Wake up and smell the coffee please