DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Be aware of changes in UK drug/driving laws.

Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Firstly fruitrouge2 this is a posting to inform folk in France who may be on opiates and visiting the UK. The recommendation is to have a prescription or note from your Doctor saying that you need to take them. If you want yet another rant about unregistered cars please start you own posting.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

@dave evans...wow you have been really unlucky. I would have thought though most people who take prescription drugs know whether or not to drive on them and how it affects their ability to drive. It is not actually illegal to drive on prescription drugs (unless you haven't been prescribed them) if you are over the prescribed limit as long as it doesn't affect your ability to drive and you have followed the instructions on taking them issued by your doctor. 

https://www.gov.uk/drug-driving-law

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

I have been stopped twice now in UK. Apparently most police forces will stop folk driving in the middle of the night in quiet areas. This is why I was stopped because, visiting friends in a French registered car, I was in the countryside at 2 in the morning.

People in Brittany and other French regions go back to the UK quite frequently.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

Although this is an informative post how do you think that relates to people who live here?  You may say well it does if you travel back to the UK on holiday or whatever, however, if you are resident here your car should be on french plates and the likelihood of getting stopped is slim to none. At the moment there is no central european database to trace drivers of their own vehicule so it would be difficult to trace an offender through their registration. The only people that would have a problem with this is those that live here on a permanent basis and who haven't registered their car and may be pulled over on a random control, and if they are pulled over it would serve them right. I have no sympathy for expats who think they are above french laws and don't register their cars like they should.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

Got it now,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fred JB - 3 years ago

Worked for me. Interesting.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

I get a message saying "Internet Explorer cannot find think.direct.gov"