DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Clothes to refugees in Greece

Posted by emslloyd-405400 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by emslloyd-405400 - 3 years ago

I was hoping for a more humanitarian and intelligent response. I find it peculiar that people who are migrants ( yes me and you as we live in a country that is not our own) feel they can comment on others in such a way. Talk to the people on the ground, who are working with these genuine and desperate refugees before making a response. Get educated before believing propoganda. As i have. At least 3 of the killers came from France and Belgium. Home grown. Do the french shut all their doors to the Belges? No. When the catholic priests where found to be abusing children did we blame the catholic community? No, not logical. I follow no religion and am white. I have friends who are genuine refugees inthe Uk, and islamic friends here and friends working on the ground in Calais and Greece. They all condemn the attacks and my Islamic friends are afraid and deeply shocked by what has happened. Yes some refugees have phones because they are like us! They had jobs and houses and a future before they were either bombed or smuggled out of their countries because they dared to speak against the regime, or worked as a bbc camerman in Baghdad "for the west" or are escaping terrible human rights attrocities, torture or death. Go to Calais, sit down and talk to a few people, and hear the truth. Bigotry and xenophobia has no place in a humanitarium world.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

And how would that be the case?,the actions in Paris all relate to the Iraq war and the failure to deal initially with the Palestinians, has nothing whatsoever to do with economic migrants or refugees.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

The Pro Invasion Brigade will not accept the truth, to do so would be to admit that their views and actions are partly responsible for over 100 people losing their lives in Paris.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Same here, and well said

Sorry no image available
Posted by tarmachead - 3 years ago

A pic on Facebook of newly arrived ' refugee ' taking selfie with latest I phone ( or whatever they are called - I don't have one , not the cash to waste etc ! )

Sorry no image available

Some people just cant see the wood for the trees

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

I can't believe that there are people who actually believe the refusal of food and water was due to Red Cross being on them, that is just plain ridiculous to even be thought of as the reason. Here is the reason and it is highly publicised in many sensible ppers, if one cares to look.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/03/hungary-train-diverts-refugees-back-to-camp

Sorry no image available

What makes you think They are Refugees ?? some possibly are the rest?? take a look at this that the media omitted from publication showing the so called refugees tossing away free bottled water because it had the red cross on the bottles, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhI0Xqv5Rc