DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Election

Posted by lqe29a - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yasminh14 - 4 years ago

Mine never arrived either.  Tried yesterday to phone Southwark council to arrange an emergency proxy vote.  They told me I could do it using the form for emergency due to reasons of my occupation (as there wasn't one for ballot paper not arrived!), so I wasted half a day doing it, only to get an email back saying they couldn't accept it as it wasn't a valid reason.  Yes, it is a farce.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nag champa - 4 years ago

details here on how to complain if your papers were late or did not arrive

http://votes-for-expat-brits-blog.com/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

The Connexion newspaper claimed that it 'only takes 2 minutes to register'. Not in the real world it doesn't!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bigpmoody - 4 years ago

We are also still waiting, South Hams council. Now no reply from election officer in local council after querying, although they were very helpful when we registered in March. It's an absolute farce considering they have been advertising how easy it is for ex-pats to reigster to vote; completely besides the point if the ballot papers don't arrive on time!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

Ours arrived from Cornwall Council and already returned. Mine went smoothly but hubby had to prove who he was (he was born in Cornwall and paid taxes in the UK for 40 years!!). The Council obtain information on individuals from DWP and it was them who had the issue!! Sorted now but only after lots of letters and having to send off his birth certificate. Ridiculous!

Sorry no image available
Posted by jane121walking-387738 - 4 years ago

We recived ours two weeks ago and have posted them back. We did recieve two letters from them early in the year to confirm where we were living

Sorry no image available
Posted by flobeck - 4 years ago

We have the same problem as does a friend of ours. Our papers arrived this afternoon too late to get them in the post today. Not sure now whether to return by ordinary post or next day delivery.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

In my experience most people will not get their ballot papers in time to send them back Most expats are effectively disenfranchised.If any one has enough money/time/inclination they could probably et KOMPENSASHUN from the European court-murderers can!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 4 years ago

In past years I have had the same problem and doubted very much if 48 hours was long enough for the returning officer to receive the ballot paper.  This time I have appointed my son as my proxy and I have duly instructed him on the way to vote.  There needs to be a much longer period allowed.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ScarboroughWhites-442058 - 4 years ago

Our voting slips turned up early last week from SWALE Borough Council and sent back already.

You'll need to get in touch ASAP with your 'Electorial Services Officer' from your own Council, and ask them when your voting slips were posted out.

Must admit SWALE were superb when I dealt with them, first time I've registered as an 'Oversea's Voter' - apprently you must re-register every year.