DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

postal vote

Posted by night&day - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by nag champa - 4 years ago

If you want to complain about late or non arriving ballot papers, further details to complain are here

http://votes-for-expat-brits-blog.com/

Sorry no image available
Posted by anglogallois - 4 years ago

I have managed to arrange a last minute proxy vote- still no papers arrived but an email to the Leader of the Council did the trick!

Sorry no image available
Posted by flobeck - 4 years ago

Took ours to the post office yesterday and said it was tres important that these letters were delivered tomorrow - she said it would be 48 euros so I said they Are not that important just a stamp please.

Sorry no image available
Posted by anglogallois - 4 years ago

Well it's Monday now and zilch! They told me that they had posted it to me last week but deffers nothing here. Even if I do get it tomorrow it seems very unlikely that unless I paid DHL or somesuch the vote would never get back in time! The system is busted!

Sorry no image available
Posted by NigB - 4 years ago

Have now has a reply and somehow not sure how but i cannceled my right to a postal vote. but been told i can vote in person on the day. so if anyone else has not had their voting papers this may be why.

Sorry no image available
Posted by NigB - 4 years ago

i also have not received mine, so i emailed my local voting area. who advised me i had cancelled my right to vote, this was impossible as i had a confirmation letter from the district council where i was registered confirming my postal vote. i have now sent the copy they sent me to them, so waiting for a reply but they also told me it was too late to be added as the latest date had gone by to register, so i am waiting for a reply from my last email.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 4 years ago

not  even received ours yet!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by karent-385771 - 4 years ago

Yes, as DN said, you do.

Hoping they get there in time, with a holiday here tomorrow, and one in the UK on Monday.

Sorry no image available
Posted by night&day - 4 years ago

Many thanks DN that is what we thought. please also excuse my finger trubble on th eoriginal post

Sorry no image available
Posted by DN-434538 - 4 years ago

Yes, unless you post it in the UK.