DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sexist book by George East!

Posted by Tigerdog - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Posted by itinerant child-414831 - 3 years ago

I have enjoyed some of his other works and have never noticed any particular ism's in his writing before,I am surprised to hear this.

I have exchanged a couple of emails with George a few years ago when he was researching a new book he was writing and was trying to get information on where the dordogne sprung from. I was up in the volcano's of l'auvergne at the time and found a good few sources that all probably helped contribute to the start of the river. I was happy to see that he did his research on the ground rather than just googling stuff,which always makes a book more enjoyable as it is often first hand information. 

I think I shall give this new book a wide berth !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

I can understand that you wish to support your husband/partner cheapchops but was it really necessary to be so rude.  Many will enjoy his books and many will not.  We are all different and have different tastes.  You are not doing him any favours with your attitude.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 3 years ago

"A few million readers" is hyperbole which, coupled with sarcasm, detracts from what you're trying to say. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheapchops - 3 years ago

A few million readers haven't put George's books down until they have finished them, Brian. Perhaps you should try something  a little less intellectually demanding,like a Janet & John book. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tigerdog - 3 years ago

He is a bit of a Marmite author. Personally I love Marmite.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 3 years ago

I once picked up a book by George East, but gave up after having sampled a few pages.  

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

I've loads of stories about men but fear most of them are unprintable!!