DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Spanish Property?

Posted by Parfait-440630 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Parfait-440630 - 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks, it was though ebay so contacted direct, not through agent. I told my Mum to let some friends show them around, and not go out there, as if they were genuine, it wouldn't make any difference! But, unfortunately, she'd already booked!!

Has to be put down to experience, but some people just infuriate me!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Get in touch with your agent and instruct them to check that the prospective purchaser has funds in place or if they are looking for a mortgage then they must advise you accordingly,then you can make a informed decision,there is absolutely no reason to go to Spain to oversee the sale,leave your agent to do the viewings (that is what you are paying him/her for) and if you wish you can give your notary power of attorney  to complete the sale once you have found a buyer and  have accepted their offer.good luck.sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bella-382361 - 3 years ago

Hi, I'm sure your mum would much rather stay with your ad after his op than waste her time and money going on a wild goose chase. Why waste time like this when no funds are in place? I bet they will not pay your mum's expenses. Very upsetting - I would be furious too.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Parfait-440630 - 3 years ago

Hi Bella,

Yes, they have tried loads of local agents.

Infact, they have had a buyer lined up, and going out to view next week via ebay. My Mum has paid £250 to fly out to meet them, as she is in UK, as my Dad has just had a major op.

Now it turns out, they haven't even got their funds in place! I'm furious, they've been in contact with them loads.

I'm furious!

Sorry no image available

Sorry - about agents. I know you have loads of them but I meant to say very local ones to your place.

Sorry no image available

Hi, We are in the same boat but would have thought it easy to sell in a very popular place on the Costa del Sol. It is overlooking the sea as well. However, I do hate it when people try and knock you down to some ridiculously low price because you may be desperate to sell. It is very insulting. May be it these TV programmes encouraging people to do that. Have you tried some local agents?

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Hi. selling houses in Spain is as difficult as it is here in Brittany,lots are for sale,I sold a house in Andulucia earlier in the year,sold within 3 days,but I bought it very cheap as the Brits were desperate to sell,I didn't do anything to it just sold it on,sorry to say but unless it is a real bargain,it will hang around,I am now buying a fully renovated town house in the same town all p/p & building certificate in place and works completed & approved,4 bedrooms/kitchen 2 bathroom.large sun terrace,agents fees included £12,500 +LEGAL FEES & TAXES.if you Google agents in the area you will be able to see what has sold,what is available in your particular area,along with the prices,good luck.sabc15.