DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Spotted on facebook could be a worry for us all.

Posted by brian2bin - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

What I don't understand is how you can post that nonsense without checking the truth. I live some 200km away. Wouldn't I know???? The internet is so convenient. One click and you know somebody is trying to excite hatred. Why post it then??? Unless you have an ax to grind....

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Why do people seem to assume that all migrants are just normal all live like us types who one day decide its a far easier life to go to england and claim benefits?,quite a lot actually come from country's which are completely lawless ,you live by your wits and when they cross the med they continue to live by their wits,most Syrians did not live like this,the problem is mainly with eritreans and Somali's ,both these countries are lawless ,most of us really have no idea of what life is like in these countries I personally would never ever wish to go and find out,but I know if I had the misfortune to be born there I would find any I could to get out.Are western homelands have had years to help these countries with education ,healthcare and infrastructure but have chosen not too,it seems as usual that profit has always been the prime objective.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Fitter - I think you have summarised the situation very accurately - I couldn't have put it across any better.

Gogo Yubari - "Maybe the revolution that is so badly needed is coming from without rather than within" - perhaps you had better explain more precisely what this revolution should be and who might benefit.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

The Pro Invasion Brigade will not accept the truth, to do so would be to admit that their views and actions are partly responsible for over 100 people losing their lives.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Gogo Yubari - 3 years ago

"Perhaps because they have had a long experience with illegitimate, corrupt governments, the migrants also have difficulty with respecting public order in the European countries they are now traversing."

We are all experiencing the same whether we realsie it or not. Maybe the revolution that is so badly needed is coming from without rather than within.

The correct answer to the question "where are you from?" is "Planet Earth!"

Sorry no image available
Posted by Farmglass - 3 years ago

The only part of this that worries me ...

Is why you would choose to copy and paste Pegida propaganda?

Sorry no image available
Posted by portman-642446 - 3 years ago

Whilst I realise that this may be nonsense and done to engender a hit back, I also am aware something similar happened in Calais some 20 years ago. I do know the media also create hyp. In the 1960's I on my 500cc motorbike and a load of friends on scooters went to Brighton. Yes I said I had a big bike. Cutting a long story short my friend had a rather convoluted italian name (and a stupid Lambretta 200cc scooter). We were having a muck about and 2 coppers came over and pulled us up and said we were fighting. I fell in a heap laughing. The copper removed his white pith (try saying it with 2 ss's) hat and asked why, I told him my mates name spelt it and gave him my licence, he lived 100 yds away. Yet we were supposed to be fighting and creating mayhem,....hmph over a sandwich possibly!

Sorry no image available
Posted by regwingfield@gmail.com - 3 years ago

How anybody can see & hear what is going on all around us and believe this is all a fairy tale, if some one tells people these immigrants are just a figment of a journalists twisted mind, we have to believe they don,t exsist, the numbers arriving in Europe are just some Computerised Trick like they use in films to pretend they are Extras to save Money!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

While many are genuine refugees from war and danger when they arrive in Europe, as soon as they begin to move through Europe in search of better welfare and job prospects they are economic migrants. They should remain in the first safe country they reach, not shop around for better economic prospects.

Perhaps because they have had a long experience with illegitimate, corrupt governments, the migrants also have difficulty with respecting public order in the European countries they are now traversing. They prefer to tear down fences and push aside guards rather than waiting for registration formalities to be completed, for example. Citizens with habits such as these may not be an asset to the countries they select.

Sorry no image available
Posted by IanW-384276 - 3 years ago

Brian2bin,

I suggest before you "cut and paste" again, you engage brain.

IanW.