DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Syrian Refugee Aid Organisation?

Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sensation-445201 - 3 years ago

http://soliref56.fr/blog/index.php/category/balkans/

This organisation is collecting specific items to go the refugees in the balkans.  Warm clothing, blankets, baby milk..

Sorry no image available
Posted by emslloyd-405400 - 3 years ago

If anyone has found somone sending pallets or doing a truck run the volunteers in Greece are absolutely desperate for mens clothes on Lesvos and other refugee points, they are in very bad physical and mental states and are queueing in their hundreds at the medical tent as they are so cold....i am also willing to do collections, DHL in the UK have a reduced aid rate for large pallets of aid, but i Dont know about here? Obviously tents etc are need too. Check out the starfish organisation based on Lesvos for more up to date info....there is a also angroup in Stroud doing shipments if you have friends in the UK wanting to donate.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Recorder - 3 years ago

Just to conclude - I didnt find a collection point specifically for aid for refugees and took the tents to EMMAUS at Brest.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by HAF-443346 - 3 years ago

Are you sure they want clothes? Often bags of clothing are a logistical problem for these situations. Tents I'm sure will be useful but usually they prefer clothes to go to charity shops.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Recorder - 3 years ago

Hi - I have two tents I'd like to donate,  does anyone know of any collection points in the Pleyben area please? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Will do, have 4 binbags full of decent clothes due to a major sort out :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernana-407546 - 3 years ago

There is a site here, where opne can aid refugees I believe...

http://aiderlesrefugies.fr/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - 3 years ago

Thanks Sarah - would you mind sending me an email if you find a source o2bbizzy at gmail dot com.

Many thanks

Pamela

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah - 3 years ago

Pleasure, I believe someone will be arranging collections in Brittany if I hear more will also post on here, have plenty of clothes we could pass on :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cheekiweeki-817816 - 3 years ago

Thanks Sarah - joined that group but they are a couple of hours away on the collecting - will keep looking and ask them if they come near us we will meet them half way.