DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Votes for Life

Posted by burmesecat - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Voted, thanks,

As a UK citizen and UK tax payer, contributing there, whether I like it or not! A very contented, and appreciative of the hospitality, French residend/immigrant.

Re the in/out referendum.I do feel entitled to a 'say', for example, trivial as it may seem to some, yes my 'index linked' oap is important, my only income, except for a v small harbourmasters early retirement pension, (both of which I appreciate) I've payed for both, also for health care, but I may be much more fortunate than some others, in that my health care may be linked to my French wifes, if, the UK was misguided enough to opt to abandon the advantages of belonging to a powerful economic, political, and potentialy military alliance.

OK it isn't perfect, but it WILL get better with us in, not out, a child benifits from nurturing, not abandonment.

I really do hope that the UK chooses not to go down the road that has ultimately led to so much unnecessary misery in Europe in the past, due often to economic unrest.

Kind Regards.

Sorry no image available
Posted by burmesecat - 3 years ago

Hi Tryval, when you go to the petition site, it asks if you are a British Citizen or UK Resident.  You tick the box, put name and email details and then it asks for Location and Postcode.  Just scroll through the countries listed under Location and highlight France and then put your French postcode.

Burmesecat

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

Will my, (expat for over 15yrs) participation count, I see the map on the site only shows the UK?