DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Winter Fuel Campaign ?

Posted by valetlu - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tryval - 3 years ago

And pourquoi pas? still waiting for Aunty Mary,s pressies from the last few chrimmies, but it must be the post? Again! Or could she be DEED, OH NOOOOO.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackorjason - 3 years ago

So if only introduced in 1997 it is / was a bonus and not like old age pension ( which you pay into with ' the promise ' of a return when you retire ) - just because a relative gives you a present for several years it does not mean that they always have to give you a present

Sorry no image available

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackorjason - 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity does anyone know what year WFA was first paid ?

Sorry no image available

Very well said Yorkie2,

ps as a bonus, I,ve got a dog to love too!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wilbury Traveller - 3 years ago

Well said Night & Day

Sorry no image available
Posted by night&day - 3 years ago

Its not the £250 but the way it was done, nobody really expects politicians to be honest, but this was downright crooked. If a private company had done it to their customers they would now be sinking under the weight of writs. The final insult is that they then gave themselves a xmas bonus !!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Just ran across this link on another forum.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimbo99-445600 - 3 years ago

second that !

Sorry no image available
Posted by yorkie2-406437 - 3 years ago

I am deeply happy with a warm glow in my heart for I have no doubt that my winter fuel allowance that I didn't deserve as I only worked in the UK for 45 years will go towards the £7000 rise that our Honourable Members of Parliament are getting,this thought that I am contributing to their welfare,along with an extra blanket will keep me warm this winter,though,after reading some of these posts from ego inflated,holier than thou posters,the more I see of Brits,the more I love my dog,and I haven't even got a dog.

Incidently,to the poster who took great delight in telling that he calls a spade a spade,where i come from,it's called an eff::: shovel.