DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

apaa tregnom

Posted by rockandroll2 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 3 years ago

Aline is a very dedicated person who tries to save dogs from being pts at the Fouriers - dog pound.

She makes these appeals on FB because that is the widest way of communication.

I hope that she finds FA for these dogs. She used to take in a lot of these dogs herself but a fire burned down her house a few years back ( and sadly she lost a few dogs as well) so is now having to live in an appartement so can no longer rescue these dogs herself.

She is part of bêtes de scene which rescues not only dogs but also cats, sheep, goats etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

I visited APAA Tregrom today to donate some bags of dried dog food (croquettes). This is the first time I have been there. We were met by 3 gorgeous puppies in the pen outside (they are on their Facebook page today). I really admire the two elderly ladies working there as I am sure it is not easy, particularly as one of them is in a wheelchair. I hope we in the Expat community can continue to support them in whatever way we can.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bella-382361 - 3 years ago

I cannot see the sense or logic of the pound only allowing a dog to go to an association first. Is it purely a financial thing?. May be someone could explain please? It is not in the interest of the dog for that to happen. Also there are very many people who would not bother with Facebook.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rockandroll2 - 3 years ago

thanks cumbrian    a voice of sanity .wish everyone read the postings properly as you .  your commen sence may have saved lives . thank you

Sorry no image available
Posted by tezzy - 3 years ago

Perhaps SOSAD is Reading this and can confirm its a Basset Hound they saved.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cumbrian-440719 - 3 years ago

According to the AAPA posting on the SOSAD  Facebook all dogs appear to have found homes or SPA places and there were  moves afoot to get them there so at least they are safe for now. This often happens when there is an appeal like this. Perhaps it's  the hundreds we don't know about when no-one tries to save them that we should really worry about.

If you have a possible home for a basset hound ask SOSAD about him.

Sorry no image available

Cumbrian said there was a 3 year old male basset hound,i was asking for my brother in the UK.

Horrible to say and they all deserve saving but he was only after a Basset.

But by now i guess its too late for the ones that the SPA did not take :( poor doggies such a horrible out come.

Sorry no image available

Tezzy, I've looked at their Facebook page but can't see anything about a Basset Hound. There's a Beagle???

Sorry no image available

This is so sad yet again. When we all got together around Xmas time to do our bit I mentioned then that, moving forward,  the need for proper administration and offered any help in that respect. I know others helped out massively in a hands-on practical way. How on earth can we stop this happening again and again? I wish I knew the answer. Sadly, I fear we are too  late in this current situation. Does anyone know what it is they need right now?

Having a Facebook page is clearly not the right means of making people aware as many people do not use Facebook as evidenced here.

Sorry no image available

Does Anyone know about the Basset Hound? Im not on Facebook either so cant get any information.