DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Bees / wasps in chimney

Posted by crazydogs - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Blythe_Mentorn - 3 years ago

Can't help with your chimley problem - but I did get stung by a bee once. It charged me £5 for a jar of honey!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Phew!

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

The smoke went up the chimney not the flames, so they were smoked out !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by MockTheCasbah-979852 - 3 years ago

Killing them by lighting a fire isn't a good thing, but you could certainly try smoking them out. Burn something that will give off a lot of smoke rather than flame, that will encourage them to move out (through the top exit) and on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

When I had them swarming in the chimney and before they constructed a nest, I just lit the fire an they all dissapeared along with the smoke !