DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Butcher

Posted by vichy-445734 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

Speak to someone at Kerbian Farm, they breed their own animals for slaughter, perhaps they can point you in the right direction.  

Paul & Nadine, if you read the OP, they are not looking for someone to sell them meat, but someone to slaughter their home reared meat.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackorjason - 3 years ago

There must be one in Rennes that slaughters goats and sheep for all the Muslim festivals !

Sorry no image available
Posted by busted4 - 3 years ago

Le Gallou Boucher from Rostrenen , been doing mine for many years , nice guy , registered home Butcher ...0698062768 , I'll call him if you can't , he doesn't speak any English ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

check too how you enter your register and who is supposed to keep a trace of the tags. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by paul & nadine - 3 years ago

bacon by the box have a look at the web site he delivers every month.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vichy-445734 - 3 years ago

The butcher we used to have come to the farm has retired, he was registered e.t.c..

V

X

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

As  I understand it you can slaughter your pigs/goats/sheep that you have reared for your own consumtion,but can't sell the meat or barter it,but obviously if you do slaughter at home you need to have a way of getting rid of the skin/blood & guts can't take it too tip,if you do slaughter the animal at home think about how you get it from where it is killed to the place you are going to butcher it,how you are going to hang it to skin & cut it up,remember a pig is about 150+ kilos and a sheep 75ish.sabc15.

Sorry no image available

hi vichy,  maybe I sounded  ambiguous, backyard killing isn't possible here for health and other reasons, licensed people are few,  (like distillers of alcohol), and you can't dispose of blood, guts or skins yourself, nor take them to the tip. 

Sorry no image available

check the recent rules of code rural... when I looked into this only animals reared on the exploitation could be slaughtered (never cows) by someone who used the meat exclusively for his own family.  It's called abattage familiale, and if there are small flocks near you maybe ask if the owner is licensed and would come to you/take he animals to his place.  Much kinder to the animal and the meat tastes better.

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Ah.  That sort of butcher.  Sorry, can't help with that.  Good luck.