DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Chaos de Quemelin - Langourla Réserve chasse ?

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 4 years ago
0 0

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 4 years ago

The other thing to think about is that in the nesting season your dogs should not be allowed to run freely by water .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ozzy Mandias - 4 years ago

I believe it means that the area is prohibited to the general chasse, i.e. that the landowner is reserving the hunting rights to himself and those he approves to hunt. You may also see signs for chasse gardée and chasse interdite which have similar connotations.

Sorry no image available

Chasse interdit means hunting prohibited .

Sorry no image available

If you tap in "reserve de chasse " it will explain it ,but  only in French, it is a nature reerve but hunting is allowed for approved chasseurs .

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

Thanks for reply but still a little confused.

I saw old posts which said "Reserve de Chasse"  "Réserve de chasse et de faune sauvage"  "chasse interdite"  and simple "Refuge" in some instances all mean No Hunting.

ALSO

Can anybody tell me what the signs "Reserve de Chasse" mean?  I have translated via Bing and had the result "hunting reserve", but a couple of anglophones have told me that this is inaccurate.  Any clarification would be most appreciated, thank you.

Hi,

It just means 'hunting prohibited'. Landowners who don't want hunters crossing or hunting on their property are required  to put up signs like these at the boundaries of their property.

Confused ? but thanks for replys, keep them coming ! especially anyone who lives in this area.

Sorry no image available
Posted by nelly15 - 4 years ago

It's reserved for the chasse. The hunting season had finished till September, unless it's a private forest. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Thunderbird one - 4 years ago

simple translation..:- Reserved for Hunting.