DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dog griendly beaches near Ploumanac'h

Posted by No longer Online - Created: 3 years ago
0 0

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Thanks LucyBee,

We go there a lot and it is such a great place for the dogs !

Sorry no image available
Posted by LucyBee - 3 years ago

Hello - a bit far away for you maybe, but Sable D'Or les Pins, near Erquy allows dogs (and provides poo bags! And it is the most BEAUTIFUL beach!

Sorry no image available

Thanks One4all,

A great link !

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

Try this site for "dog friendly" beaches in Brittany

http://www.plages.tv/chiens/liste-bretagne

There are plenty of other beach/sea side areas that allow dogs all year round but which never appear to be listed. Most banned areas are from May - September only.

Sorry no image available

Kurguen

Thanks very much for the information, much appreciated, I will take a look at the link too.

Take care

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

http://www.plages.tv/liste/plages-cotes-d-armor

Try this site

Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Most sandy beaches are banned to dogs in the summer around where you are looking - I did get a list of those that will accept, off the internet a long time ago, but can't remember where now.  (I think St michel la greve was one.)

We tend to take our dog to Trebeurden if we take family to the beach as there is a headland that you can walk around and explore with the dog there and then I sit above the beach from the promenade and watch the family on the beach later.  There is also a good walk along the coast at port blanc, (Nr. Penvenen) where there may be a spot you could find.  The coastguard path goes along most of the brittany coast which has marvellous sea views and is interesting, good for  dog walking if you are fit as it goes along the cliffs and up and down at various beaches.

Sorry no image available

We are now also looking at Perros Guirec, are there any dog friendly beaches there or good long forest/lake/river walks ?

Thanks in advance