DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dog purchase

Posted by Philo123 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philo123 - 3 years ago

Thank you sincerely for your very comprensive reply.  We knew what was what in England, but did not have the French terminology.

merci encore,

Phil

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 3 years ago

Your puppy has to have by law at least the first vaccination for all the common viruses and it must be microchipped. They should give you the carte d'identité so you can take it to the vets and get the name changed on the microchip. If the puppy is LOF then they should also give you the preliminary papers from the SCC.

So you should have the EU passport with at least the first vaccination (at 12 weeks the puppy could be fully vacinated)

Certificate for the vet exam and your attestation de vente.

Certificat provisoire so you can register the puppy in your name and get a carte d'identité 

LOF certificat de naissance with the puppy's pedigree.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Thats excellent I am a cat person and our current moggy is a rescue cat so I do sympathise with the settling down problems.And I have just noticed the typo-doggy dos perhaps

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philo123 - 3 years ago

Hi Country dweller.  Yes we have already On two occasions had a dog from them. They did settle eventually after much turmoil.  However, since then we have bought puppies from good homes (not Puppy Farms) successfully without problems.  

phil

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Why buy?There are loads of dos in refuges needing homes