DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

feeding the wild birds

Posted by bossbird - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by apples-426462 - 3 years ago

we have fed the birds for years and hae always asked people coming over to bring us peanuts as they are impossible to buy at these kind of prices here but have just ordered on this site as they are very competative  .thanks for the info bossbird and H N Y to all

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

Countrydweller, If you compare the prices at croston mill to vivara, I think you will find things like sunflower hearts at about 1 third of the price at croston. 

Sorry no image available

Dont much like the prices at LPO, I wouldnt be able to feed the birds so well at those prices!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by 001sugarplum - 3 years ago

Or support the French equivalent of the RSPB  - the LPO

They have everything you need

http://www.lpo-boutique.com/catalogue/jardin-d-oiseaux/mangeoires/

Sorry no image available
Posted by livingthepeace - 3 years ago

Bossbird -

Thanks for the reply. I will certainly give them a go.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

www.vivara.fr  They are actually a UK company and do free delivery to France for orders over €50

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinabee - 3 years ago

Although the village of Croston was flooded, the Corn Mill stayed dry - check out their facebook page here

Sorry no image available
Posted by grumposgirl - 3 years ago

my mum sent  sent a sack of their peanuts over for my husband for christmas - couldnt believe it was only £5 to deliver to the door from the uk - the birds are loving the peanuts

Sorry no image available

You are right , at this time of the year it is really important to ensure the birds have food daily. They become used to being fed in your garden and if it is not there, they use up more energy trying to find wild food, when they havent been used to doing this. You are also correct that sometimes you can get good buys on special offer in the shops locally, but the range of food and bulk buy is the reason I prefer to buy from Croston Mill, I dont have to wait for special offers it is always a very good price and just as importantly very good quality foods.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mightymimi-923305 - 3 years ago

My husband buys the bird feed at espace vert and ensures to make a special trip when the food is low.  Our birds are all fat and happy.  I read on the internet that birds do not understand it when there is no food where they usually get it. 

We also throw some cat dry food out, the magpies love it.  
Fat birds don't fly.

Mimi