DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ferries traveling and pets

Posted by mightymimi-923305 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Buy a Ford and there will be no problem! :-)))

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

Brandy, I don't think the words they use to ask you to turn off the alarm are the problem, no need to take them literally, if it doesn't "turn off" just do what is necessary to disarm it!  I think the problem is that people are just too lazy to do it and think it doesn't matter because they think their vehicle's alarm will not go off!  Every vehicle has a handbook which tells you how to turn of the alarm.  No doubt people will now say "I don't have a handbook", well in this day and age, that is not an excuse.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cumbrian-440719 - 3 years ago

After several years of ferry travel with dogs and returning on occasions to find distressed dogs because of noise or overheating, we have succumbed to Eurotunnel. A lot of extra driving but a decent place to exercise the dogs before the journeys - not a car park trying to dodge vehicles  - and the huge peace of mind that they are with us throughout the journey and that we will have some control over what will happen to them in an emergency. I also don't miss the  limbo of the endless, tedious ferry journeys. I am a convert.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

My remote; one click locks the doors and boot, two clicks doors etc locked and alarm set. This immobilises the engine and sets an internal movement detector. That is door opening, window smashed in. It does not react to rocking. However, I still only give it one click.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brandy-390349 - 3 years ago

I think the problem is not helped by what they say  "turn your alarms off!"--my, modern, car alarm does not "turn off", what we have to do is to USE THE KEY NOT THE REMOTE CONTROL to lock the doors so not turning on the alarm.

OK! it may not apply to all? but sure does to some.

We see so many people just walk away using their remote.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Pank104 - 3 years ago

I quite agree, BF make repeated announcements but it still happens.  I think the offending car owners should be fined.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mightymimi-923305 - 3 years ago

You were on the same ferry as my friends.  It was after requests from them that finally the annoucement was made on the loudspeakers.  I think it should be standard operating procedure to have alarms or any loud noises be forbidden in a confined area.

Mimi

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Yes-it's quite a loud reminder-over and over and over and over.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

I sure that BF put out over their tannoy precisely this request .