DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Flies

Posted by firestarter-435430 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Drosophila-Fly-Trap-Top-Catcher-The-Ultimate-Fly-Catcher-Insect-Bug-Killer-/380977044574?hash=item58b4005c5e:g:tQcAAOSwnDZT8RoW

Sorry no image available
Posted by John Rodney - 3 years ago

If you have a wood burning stove they gain entry on the logs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by handy--man@hotmail.co.uk - 3 years ago

After reading this I’m itching all over, and would keep the fly’s and get rid of the cats ;)

Seriously they sound like cluster fly’s not hibernating properly due to the mild winter so far. The first good hard frost should elevate the problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

I know all about Acclaim - when I first came here I had a flea infestation as didn't realise that it was necessary to treat cats every month as opposed to having to do it only a couple of times a year in the UK.  Acclaim was the only thing that worked and it is brilliant but having already done a yearly spray (which I always do now just in case) I suspect that the flies are just getting in from outside.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jack60 - 3 years ago

Forgot to say ..... you just treat the house once ...... (but you do need to do it properly which seems like quite a bit of spraying at the time.)

Sorry no image available

You need to use it as per the instructions on the can, so how much you use depends on the size of your house! The newest lot that I bought recently says it works for a year, the older version used to say 6 months and I found it was pretty near to that, so, compared to keep changing fly papers or window stickers, it's not that expensive ...... especially if you get rid of the flies! 

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

Got some acclaim - always keep it in case cats get fleas.  Will try it - do you just spray once - at about £10 a can it's a bit expensive to use like ordinary fly spray!

Sorry no image available

I find that the spray 'Aclaim' which is for use in the house (anti fleas etc) and usually from vets in the UK has the added bonus of killing flies as well. Works for months! I got my last lot on ebay, might be worth seeing if you can get it over here. Expensive but well worth it!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Got so many flies in the house have already used up 4 sticky papers.Any more we will have enough for xmas dinner instead of turkey.