DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

horse bedding

Posted by shepherdscrook - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 4 years ago

Thanks - That sounds what I am looking for so will ask at our Gamme verte as they will get me it if they know how.

Or I can ask the Agricultural place at Evran which is not too far from me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by a3 - 4 years ago

Paille de lin sold under the brand auboise in the uk as horse bedding.

I use it for chickens, controls the flies and smells well. we buy from our local agrial but i am based in normandie not sure if they operate in brittany. 

It is also good as a mulch and i propose using it around my strawberries this year instead of hay of which i have a plentiful supply.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 4 years ago

Soft Barley straw...

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 4 years ago

Ok thanks will have a look for the rubber matting.

Lino if not  non slip will be too slippy for the pups and so not good for their elbows and hips but I think I have seen some that is non slip in Mr bricolage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tezzy - 4 years ago

forgot to say we also put a couple of puppy trainer  trays in  that you put the absorbant pads in.

But the pads cost quite abit so we brought the flat rectangle incontanant pads(about 12 euros for 30) what they use on beds from the pharmacie and cut them in half and you got twice as many and they did the same job.In the end our puppies did there wees and poos on there 99% of the time.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tezzy - 4 years ago

Hello on polytrans site type in search box  revetement tapis caoutchouc pastille

Its rubber matting we brought a roll of it and used that in our puppy pen,but it depends how big your puppy pen is ours was quite big so because the width wasnt wide enough we used tape underneath to stick it together and it stopped it from leaking through to our wooden floor we had underneath at the time.You can keep it clean quite easly when they do a wee just mop it up.

Alternativley go to bricolage or somewhere like that and buy some off the roll vinal flooring (lino)