DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Importing pups from UK into France

Posted by Maxed - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shepherdscrook - 3 years ago

I have done this many times for people and as long as you have a French address then customs will let the pup pass. Every time I have been asked to show the pets passport which is no problem to get from any vet in the UK. Vets in Europe issue a pets passport without rabies vacination and when I have pointed this out a UK vet says no problem. The rule that says no pup can be imported into France before the age of 3 months old and must have rabies vacination doesn't stand up as I know lots of people that import pups under the age of 3 months / 12 weeks old without any problems.I have been stopped just once to have the pets passport looked at but mostly they just wave you on when holding up your passport.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxed - 3 years ago

Oops!! Just goes to show how little is understood by many people eh? Have to say though at no time in 10 years have the French authorities shown any interest in checking pet passports when entering France from the UK or Spain

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

Rabies vaccination is necessary - here are the official requirements from the French embassy website.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Importing-animals-into-France,2780