DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Industrial pig unit near Mael Carhaix

Posted by Jewell - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jewell - 4 years ago

Once again, Dueller, thank you. :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dueller-813343 - 4 years ago

I drove down to the pig unit today. Not just the main road but up the drive to the unit itself. It was deserted, even the sign that was visible on the main road on google streetview was gone. 

It is quite a big set of buildings that are quite new looking and the area around them was very tidy. At one end of the buildings were large hopper silo's, presumably for auto feeding.

The land around the buildings all looked to be arable farmland and all had crops growing.

This is no indication of future use but as i said above all the signage has gone and it was deserted.

Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available

Thanks, Dueller.  Will check it out.  

Sorry no image available

A qoute from the link says "The prefect of the Cotes d'Armor and authorizes the pigsty, founded in 2010 by five partners breeders and produces annually 23,000 piglets to continue trading." If it is alredy trading then we have never noticed it and we drive through  Trebrivan quite often.

Using google maps, type in " ker anna trebrivan" and click on the earth option and you can see the farm and the barns. If you use streetview you can drop the little man on the junction of the farm track and the main road. There is a difficult to read sign there,  but you can mmake out the word "PORC"

The next time i go through trebrivan i will take a drive down there and have a look.

Sorry no image available

Many thanks, Buster and Charlotte.  Really helpful. :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 4 years ago

The planing has been going through te courts since 2008 - but looks likes it rearing its head again 

http://www.ouest-france.fr/trebrivan-maternite-porcine-le-prefet-autorise-lexploitation-2921978

Sorry no image available
Posted by CharlotteM-441068 - 4 years ago

I live just outside Mael Carhaix and have never noticed a problem.

Sorry no image available

Many thanks, appreciate the reply.

Sorry no image available

If this has been built since it was first proposed in 2008, i  have never seen it. I don't think it was given permission. We drive through Mael-Carhaix regularly to visit Rostrenen and it's all quiet countryside.