DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Jack Russell

Posted by Whyme?-991477 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

All's well that ends well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Well done you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Thanks for letting us know the outcome and many good wishes to you for your kindness to the little dog.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Whyme?-991477 - 3 years ago

Just to let you know, the vet has just telephoned me to ask that I take the little dog to them tomorrow and the owner will pick him up from there.  So pleased they have responded. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Whyme?-991477 - 3 years ago

Did I say I was trying to rehome him?

The vet left their number for the owners to contact them, so that they could pass on my details.  The vet did not offer to keep him and asked if I could look after him for the night, which I didn't mind doing.

Thanks Penny Sheldon for posting on Facebook pages.

I am holding off going to the Mairie or the Gendarmes because I don't want him to have to go to a pound, if I can help it.  It did occur to me that if the owners were on holiday, they may have left him with someone and he escaped, which is why I asked if anyone in the Plussulien area knew of a lost dog.

Other than not liking cats he doesn't seem to have any vices, which is why I don't mind looking after him but I would rather find his owners.

Thank  you for the constructive suggestions.

Regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by Live&Love - 3 years ago

Silly question maybe did the vet leave his number or yours? Why didn't you leave him at the vets?  If you have Facebook the you have pet alert 22 where you can place him.  Hope the owners get in touch soon

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Hi

This site is for lost dogs but you can also post found dogs on it.

http://www.chien-perdu.org/

The owners could be on holiday (it is August) and the dog could have escaped from however is looking after it, hence the unanswered phone call. 

Why don't you call the Mairie in Rostrenen and or Plussulien someone might have contacted them, also do the Gendarmes know you have him?

Let us know the outcome please.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 3 years ago

if the vet phone the owners (and left a message), why are you looking to rehome him?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Penny Sheldon-880709 - 3 years ago

Hi, I have shared this on a couple of Brittany based Facebook pages for you.

Good luck