DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Les Puces Animal Charity Shop - Urgent request for help

Posted by Altodoit - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tizzler - 3 years ago

That's brilliant news Alex, amazing work!  I'd love to help foster once we're sold and moved over.  Will stay in touch.  I love ugly!  :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Altodoit - 3 years ago

Poullaouen Cat Rescue Update! Good news! Things are progressing so well. Tracey Cree is a saviour! She has opened up her home to 8 cats so far. I don't know how I would have coped without her. I'll never be able to thank her enough for what she's doing. She's also the best out of all of us at catching them. We're not giving up until we've got them all. I have one little girl (with a missing eye and in a terrible condition) but I'm having to keep her in a large cage in the cellar for fear of contaminating my own babies. She's doing very well though. She has a terrible case of cat flu and is as skinny as a rake, but she's eating lots and lots and purring and taking all her medication like a little angel and I love her. Two of Tracey's foster kits went to the vet yesterday and they're on the mend (we've had to admit that they're both very ugly (not nice to say... but true! I love ugly cats - my house is full of them - but I can't imagine anyone picking these two. They must be brother and sister! Poor souls) ... so Tracey might keep them! I hope so! Thank you to everyone for your support. I bought lots of lovely posh food for them today with some of the donation money. Because they all have flu, they find it hard to eat biscuits, so they're all on Sheba mousse, cat milk and sardines now. I've also got flea/tick treatments, shampoo, eye drops for everyone and we're continuing with trips to the vet. The vet has also given us a substantial reduction for these cats. I feel like we've really been helped! The next step is to continue to try and find places for them with refuges in the region.  One has been re-homed permanently so far and one of my volunteers will probably take one if I keep badgering her.  I will try my very hardest for the PayPal button. In fact, I might have to ask someone else to have a go at it because I'm so snowed under. I'll do it asap. Thank you everyone!!!! Alex

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tizzler - 3 years ago

Please get the paypal link up when you can Alex - it's easy for us in the UK to donate.  

I'm almost dreading our move to Brittany, I just know w'ere going to own a menagerie :) 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

Hi Alex

Thanks for emailing with an update. 

It really is a heartbreaking situation - I hope more people will be able to help!

Best wishes.

xx

Sorry no image available

Hi, I haven't got around to it yet.... Sorry! I'll let you know asap. I went to see the cats this morning. At least they've got lots to eat and drink for now. I have a good stock of food too. I'm waiting to hear from different refuges and will hopefully start getting some of them out of there from tomorrow.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

Just bumping this to the top again....have you had any luck with anyone sorting out the paypal donate button yet?...if not surely there must be someone out there who can help pleeeeeeeeeeeze pleeeeeeeeeze pleeeeeeeeeze.......

Sorry no image available

Thank you so much! It's so kind of you and we're really grateful! Unfortunately we lost one of the kittens today. He was just too poorly. However, we're still very motivated to get this situation sorted! The cats are all being fed and we're going to start sterilising from next week. I'm waiting for refuges to get in touch with me. Most of them have no room, but I have had a few promises of places. :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Daisydog-1000162 - 3 years ago

Hi I've made a small donation thru' the leetci site. Would like to help more but unfortunately live too far away. Well  done for your great work. One of the things I don't understand is the French attitude  to animals (especially cats). Which is why I now have 3 cats having always thought myself to be a 'dog person!' Jx

Sorry no image available

Hi, I'll have a look into it. My charity does have a PayPal account because I used it to get money to a dog sanctuary in Romania, so it must work the other way. I'm not the best with I.T. skills, but I'll see if someone can help me and I'll keep you posted. The address linked to the PayPal account is les_puces@outlook.com if that helps... but I will try and get that button thing sorted! It's a good idea and one I should have already thought of! Thank you! :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

I would like to donate, however, I will not enter card details online and I do all my online transactions through paypal, have you thought about adding a paypal donate button to your facebook page or your donation page?