DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lost doberman

Posted by Twister - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 11 to 20)

Sorry no image available
Posted by andylekker - 3 years ago

i really hope the dog gets found and there is a happy ending here.

i cant believe some folks making multiple bullying, judgemental posts in this thread, and that they are being allowed to stand by the moderators.

how can people possibly know enough about you and your situation to decide what you can or must do? just try to ignore them and dont let them make a bad situation even worse for you

A.

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

So sorry. We pray for the dogs safe return.  Ask the Marie to put up a photograph and a  sign for his recovery. The more people involved, the better. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sprossie - 3 years ago

So sorry to hear about your lost dog. Keep your chin up im sure he will be found. It must have been difficult for you to give him up in the first place. I think the voice recording and the garment with your scent on it is an excellent idea, after all when we get a new pup we take along something the mother can put her scent on. Its worth a try.

Sorry no image available
Posted by FreeSpiritSmallHolding - 3 years ago

It might seem a crazy idea, but if you can't search for him yourself, could you send a voice recording of you calling for him to the new owners to play?  And maybe post a piece of clothing (cardi/scarf) that would smell of you that they could wear when out searching?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exmansworthy-10052202 - 3 years ago

Twister....the weekend is approaching surely you could go up there to search either with or without your kids??? only then you say "I/we did eveything possible to find our Dobbie"...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Twister - 3 years ago

Still no word, there are lots of associations involved, and yes,the word is spreading.

And yes, we feel terrible about the situation, we were assured by doberman en detresse, that this was the perfect home for him, totally fenced etc, and it becomes apparant, that there is no fencing, and someone left a door open, enabling Fletch to get out, and get lost.

We feel angry, and lost at the same time, and really do not need any castigation whatsoever, do you not think what we are going through is hard enough, without people having a go?

IF I could get up there, I WOULD, but it is not possible, with children and other commitments, and yes, I am beating myself up about this EVERY minute of the day.

So before you put harsh things on here, please think about how guilty we feel in this situation, knowing that I am literally in a position of the most desperate, not being able to find him, and knowing that he is cold and scared and lonely somewhere.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Convent girl- he went missing on the 29th, as other posters have said, Twister should be there looking for him as he doesnt know his present owners, but by late afternoon yesterday, they hadn't gone to search for him!

Sorry no image available
Posted by convent girl-439588 - 3 years ago

Gosh camion, don't upset the poor people anymore, saying he will be freezing does not really help, I'm sure that all parties involved feel terrible enough. Let's just hope he turns up safe and sound. Telling the chasse is a great idea though!

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

If he is anything like our dobby he will have been freezing these past couple of nights, I just hope someone has him in their house, especially with hunting season having started!

That might be another avenue to explore, the local chasse are out and about, maybe letting them know would be helpful in case they see him a wood, they might not take any notice if they don't know he is lost???

Sorry no image available
Posted by convent girl-439588 - 3 years ago

I've just seen your posting on horses north west France so the word is spreading. I agree with the last person , you must try and go and look yourself if at all possible. I do hope he is found safe and well.