DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

my Chihuahua crossed having rabies ja worried

Posted by laneyloo - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Dresden - 4 years ago

We have had our chihuahua vaccinated twice for rabies now  at 3 months and then her booster came up just after Christmas. There has never been a problem.

Sorry no image available
Posted by LilyP - 4 years ago

We had our 1year old springer vaccinated - no problem - he received a booster and then had to have yet another rabies vaccination due to his microchip failing and still no problems. The main thing is that the dog is in good health when receiving a vaccine.

Not relevant I know but Virbac - who issued the chip - admitted it was a faulty chip and honourably paid for the re-chipping and re-vaccination.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sprossie - 4 years ago

I had my very nervous lurcher vacinated 7 years ago and shes had boosters ever since with no ill effects. The first time we came over we did the short Dover Calais crossing I was worried to death about her. Half way across I went down to the car to see if she was ok she just looked at me as if to say "What have you come to disturb me for?" Now she settles fine on the longer crossings and so do I infact I think shes become a right old sea dog lol

Sorry no image available
Posted by laneyloo - 4 years ago

he will stay in our van i should add bless i will still worry about him lol

Sorry no image available

thats funny made us both laugh lol yes Im feeling a LOT BETTER and to be honest our trip on ferry will be worse for us as I haven't booked a cabin for us only a lounger at least the pouch will have home comfort with his own doggy bed and surroundings lol

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 4 years ago

Had our tiny pupy done the week the vet said she was old enough, she was absolutly fine, no after effects whatsoever.

Tell your husband, no dear I won't have our dog innoculated aginst rabies and if he gets rabies, I'm sure you'll be fine after he bites you!

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 4 years ago

Our dog has been fine. Look on it as an opportunity for the vet to do a quick health check at the same time. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 4 years ago

we had ours done recently - he's at least 9 and didnt have any probs at all. Having said that, I do understand it's always a worry when you anything done to them isn't it?  Enjoy your  trip :)

Sorry no image available

Thank you for your support brittany frends

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

Never had any problem.