DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pet Insurance

Posted by poochpower - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by poochpower - 3 years ago

Thank you very much Trego, you cant beat personal recommendation and excellent quoted rates as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by trego - 3 years ago

trego

Check out the Bulle Bleu website (or visit a French vet to get the leaflet). It is the only pet insurance scheme in France devised and managed by veterinarians.. We have our 3 year old cocker spaniel insured with them and are more than happy with the service. He has been quite accident prone and has had lots of ear problems also. They reimburse promptly into our bank account and there is 100 euros reimbursement of preventative care per year (vaccinations, flea treatment etc included). Also, after 5 years of insurance with them, your dog is insured for life regardless of any health conditions.

Considering the problems we have had with our much loved little dog we have more than had our money's worth from this insurere and would recommend it to anyone.

best wishes with your new life.

Sorry no image available

Thank you, I will do that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Poôte - 3 years ago

I understand your needs BUT it is nopt the same here in France. The Veterinary fees will be much lower & the assurance does not cover the same level as you have in the UK.

I suggest your next visit to FR go discuss what you would like with the Vet you intend to use & then make your decission, as there may be a cut-off point when attaining a certain age of animal.

Sorry no image available

Thanks, I'm sure you are right. It is the peace of mind that i'm looking for. Knowing my luck we would have a broken leg within the first 6 months!

Sorry no image available

Hi, We have 2 Golden Retrievers that we have only recently taken on aged 2 yrs. we have always had our dogs insured and have had our premiums back many times over so really want to continue with the insurance.

We lost our last girl, a Gordon Setter on Easter Saturday to an inopperable internal abdominal growth. She was 12 and a half years old. She had been on medication for kidney disease, a pituitary tumour and vestibular syndrome. Her insurance was £85 per month and her drugs were about £170 a month and had been for a couple of years. Prior to that she had a ruptured disc when she was 8 years old and was paralysed from her mid back backwards, she had surgery and physio for months, that came to about £7,000. We could never have afforded it without insurance. She learnt to walk and run again and enjoyed many many trips to France and some fantastic walks with us.

We are moving out permanently next year so want to get it sorted before then.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Poôte - 3 years ago

Check out the monthly fee for each animals & then save the same amount in a "piggybank" to use as & when & you will have loads still in there each year.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Yes it is virtually every insurance company does it or you can even buy it at the check out in supermarkets or online.I do not know your particular situation or the type of animals you have but vets fees are reasonable here compared to the UK