DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Tom cat

Posted by Ohhhhthatswhereiputit - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 3 years ago

I hope you mean the rug and not the cat!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ohhhhthatswhereiputit - 3 years ago

Thank you for all your suggestions but, fingers crossed, the bicarb and vinegar seems to have worked, we did both sides, after nailing it to the open end of the barn and jet washing it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by alice-383074 - 3 years ago

'Totalcare' biological stain & odour remover made by Animalcare works really well.

We bought it from amazon uk, but its on lots of other sites as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jivedance-411773 - 3 years ago

When cleaning any carpet DO NOT use any sort of washing up liquid or soap. It may appear to be clean but a sticky residue will be left behind and the area will gradually get dirtier and dirtier and the residue will attract dirt.

If you have nothing else to hand use water (tepid) and blot up rather than rub. Rubbing damages the fibres. Use a wet and dry vac to remove water also. Also clean the back. Cats urine/odour is one of the most difficult smells to remove. As stated here the cat will try to use that area again.

I do not know a if a carpet cleaner that does not leave residue can be purchased in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 3 years ago

There's a product called Simple Solutions, Stain & Odour Remover, which we bought on Amazon and which has proved to be very effective. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 3 years ago

Jeyes fluid

Sorry no image available

Thanks Sophie.  I Don't have cats, it was a neighbours cat, but I do have 3 dogs and I suspect they will top it up also. It is drying at the moment in the garden, if it still smells tomorrow I will try the bicarb.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Doesnt work ,try bicarbonate of soda on it and leave it a couple of days to draw most of it out then the vinigar and water mix,if that doesn't work then soak the patch with a good carpet shampoo leave it over night then hoover it off,cats urine is one of the worst things to try and get rid of as when you can no longer smell it the cat still can and will more likely than not give it a little top up

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Doesnt work ,try bicarbonate of soda on it and leave it a couple of days to draw most of it out then the vinigar and water mix,if that doesn't work then soak the patch with a good carpet shampoo leave it over night then hoover it off,cats urine is one of the worst things to try and get rid of as when you can no longer smell it the cat still can and will more likely than not give it a little top up

Sorry no image available

Thank you, I will do it now.