DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Where to source a Beehive and equiment?

Posted by Bod - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Renard35 - 4 years ago

Abeille 35,

Mordelles ,

west of Rennes have eveything you will ever need

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bod - 4 years ago

Again, thanks to those who have replied.

We've now sourced a hive and set it up and bought a suit from Amazon, just waiting for the local tennant interest now... Still on the look out for some equipment, so I will have a look on the suggested ad, aramanta.

Kervon, My brother in law keeps bees so yes we have been able to ask advice on things and he's also visiting next week. But thank you for your offer of advice also, we may beeeee in touch.

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 4 years ago

Someone in Plougasnou is selling a whole load of equipment on BonCoin today. Looks like a bargain price. Hives, smoker, suits etc. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerivon - 4 years ago

I am in 22 and use Gamm vert at Carhaix mainly, Have you kept bees before? If you want any advice re setting up I would be willing to help, it's best to have a mentor for a while before embarking on beeking and do a course. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bod - 4 years ago

Thanks everyone, some useful contacts there by the sound of it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 4 years ago

There's an apiculteur place in Daoulas near Brest - we just got bees from them, and they sell all the equipment too.  http://www.bretagne-apiculture.com/

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

I found, some years ago, the man at the bee museum in La Faouet was very helpful. I bought all my initial stuff from him.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 4 years ago

For an alternative which makes things easier look here

www.honeyflow.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dueller-813343 - 4 years ago

Gamm Vert in Carhaix also has them. It also has everything else you may need, smoke puffers, honey jars, and lots of other associated bits and pieces. If there is one near you, have a look in the animal feed area.

Sorry no image available
Posted by last orders - 4 years ago

Gamm Vert in Loudeac have them. That may be a bit far for you but if there is one of their stores near you it might be worth having a look in.